Brussels Sprouts Mac
It has brussels sprouts so it's healthy right?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 c. Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ lb. Fusilli pasta, boiled to al dente
- ¼ c. butter
- ¼ c. flour
- 2½ c. whole milk
- 1½ c. white Cheddar
- 1 c. fontina, shredded
- ¾ c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- ½ c. panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place brussels sprouts on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then bake until tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until starting to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cheddar, fontina, and ½ c parmesan and whisk until smooth. Fold in cooked pasta and cooked brussels sprouts. Transfer into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Panko and the remaining parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 25-30 minutes. Serve.