It ain't pasta if it ain't fried, y'all.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Lasagna
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 15- oz. container ricotta
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- ¼ c. finely chopped parsley
- vegetable oil
- ½ c. flour
- 2 c. italian breadcrumbs
- Marinara sauce
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles flat, in an even layer, on a greased baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 egg and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until evenly combined. Spread the ricotta mixture onto each lasagna noodle, then sprinkle with mozzarella. Fold each lasagna noodle 3-4 times, to create a square. Freeze the lasagna servings on the baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until hardened.
- When the lasagna squares are frozen, set up a dredging station. Divide the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dredge lasagna in the flour mixture then dip in eggs. Toss in breadcrumbs for the final dredge.
- Meanwhile, heat oil. Pour about 1½” vegetable oil into a large, deep skillet (or a shallow pot). Heat over medium heat until the oil reaches about 350 degrees F, or until the oil is shimmering. (If a splash of water sizzles when you flick it into the pan, it’s ready.) Working in batches, add 3-4 lasagna squares to the hot oil using tongs. Do not crowd the pan, or the oil will cool! Cook until golden brown on one side, about 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook until the second side is golden, 2-3 more minutes. Place the fried lasagna squares on a cooling rack lined with paper towels. Repeat until all the lasagna is fried.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with warm marinara for serving.
Watch the recipe video here:
This Fried Lasagna is the best fried food of all time.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/iUnex9e
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, January 10, 2018