A classic lasagna made easy.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Lasagna
- 1 box lasagna noodles, unboiled
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3½ c. marinara sauce, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- ¼ c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 4½ c. shredded mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add beef and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook until no pink remains and add 3 cups of the marinara, stirring to combine and cooking 2-3 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta with parmesan and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and stir until fully incorporated.
- Grease the bowl of your slow cooker with a nonstick cooking spray. Using the remaining marinara, spread a thin layer on the bottom of the crock pot. Next add a layer of noodles (you’ll have to break some to make them fit) a layer of meat mixture, a layer of mozzarella, and a layer of ricotta. Repeat until all ingredients are used up, ending with mozzarella. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with more parmesan and parsley and serve.