Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Clean-up is a snap with this one-pot meal.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound hot (or mild) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth, heated (heating is optional, but speeds the cooking process)
- 3 large russet potatoes, unpeeled, sliced ¼” thick and quartered
- 2 cups kale, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add bacon to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Cook and stir until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add sausage and onion to the bacon drippings. Cook and stir until no pink remains.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Drain liquids from the pot.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot, then add the potatoes and stir.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Add kale to the pot and stir. Allow to cool slightly, then stir in cream.
- Serve warm topped with crumbled bacon.
Watch the recipe video here:
Clean-up is a snap with this one-pot meal.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-zuppa-toscana/