Instant Pot Crispy Frittata Florentine
This marvelous meal is on the table in only 25 minutes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp half and half (or milk)
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅔ cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and spices. Stir in spinach and set aside.
- Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Add chopped bacon to the Instant Pot and cook until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add frozen hash browns in an even layer and brown, without stirring, 6-8 minutes.
- Drizzle with oil, then turn the hash browns in sections. Cook without stirring an additional 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL. Remove hash browns to a plate, leaving any remaining drippings.
- Pour in egg mixture and use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Return the hash browns to the pot and fold in gently, then sprinkle cooked bacon evenly over the top.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 1 minute and adjust to LOW PRESSURE.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure. Cut frittata into wedges and serve warm.