Slow Cooker Vegan Butternut Squash Mac
Your new favorite fall comfort food 🧀
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- ½ cup raw cashews (65 g)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (35 g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock (480 mL)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked according to package instructions (455 g)
- fresh parlsey, for garnish
- Cut off both ends of the butternut squash and poke all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Peel the skin off of the squash. The skin should peel right off! Once peeled, slice the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, and cut into 1-inch (2-cm) cubes. You should have about 5 cups (1 kg).
- In a slow cooker, combine the squash, onion, cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, rosemary, nutmeg, olive oil, mustard, salt, and vegetable stock. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, until the vegetables are soft enough to be easily mashed with a fork.
- Transfer the squash mixture to a blender, or use an immersion blender, and puree for 5 minutes, until there are no chunks and the sauce develops a creamy texture.
- Pour the sauce over the macaroni and stir well.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Watch the recipe video here:
Your new favorite fall comfort food 🧀Get the recipe: https://tasty.co/recipe/slow-cooker-vegan-butternut-squash-mac
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, September 27, 2018