Bacon-Wrapped Parmesan Garlic Knots
We wrapped garlic knots in bacon and we'll probably never go back ?...
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 ⅓ cups warm water (320 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour (435 g)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus 2 tsp, divided (30 g)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 30 strips bacon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- marinara sauce, for serving
- Add the warm water to a medium bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let sit for 5 minutes, or until mixture is frothy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt, basil, and oregano.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the yeast-water mixture. Mix with a rubber spatula until a ball of dough forms.
- Dump the dough out onto a clean surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough is springy.
- Grease the large bowl with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Sprinkle a bit of flour over the dough then dump onto a clean surface. Tear the dough into 30 separate pieces, then roll into 6-inch (15-cm) long strips.
- Place a strip of bacon over each dough strip. Tie both together to form a knot.
- Place the knots on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and the bacon is crispy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, and remaining 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Brush the knots with the butter mixture and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with marinara sauce alongside.