Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
On repeat all winter.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" chunks
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1½ c. frozen peas
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit douhg
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on all sides and remove from skillet.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and thyme and cook until vegetables are soft, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer, cooking 8-10 minutes more, until slightly thickened. Turn off heat and stir in cream, peas, and chicken.
- Remove biscuits from can and slice in half horizontally. Arrange, overlapping, in a ring on the outer circle of the skillet. Brush with egg wash and bake until golden, 25-30 minutes. Serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
How To Make Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
This Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is what comfort food dreams are made of. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/yVJI4wy
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, November 29, 2017