BAKED SHRIMP TAQUITOS
Baked Shrimp Taquitos are so much lighter and healthier than frying, and they come out perfect and crisp!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 vine tomato, diced
- 12 ounces raw, peeled and deviened shrimp, chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- olive oil spray, I use my Misto
- jarred or homemade salsa verde, optional for dipping
- guacamole, optional for dipping
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook until thickened 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and ¼ teaspoon salt and cilantro and cook medium high heat 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 large nonstick baking sheets with foil and spray with oil.
- Working in batches, place 3 to 4 tortillas between two paper towels and microwave 30 seconds until they are warm and pliable. Place a tortilla on a clean, dry work surface and then spread about 3 tablespoons of shrimp filling onto the bottom third of the tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll the tortilla up from the bottom to surround the filling and once it’s rolled into a tube, place it on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, spray the tops with oil a pinch of salt then bake until tortillas start to get golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Baked Shrimp Taquitos are so much lighter and healthier than frying! The shrimp filling is SO good, you’ll be tempted to…