Instant Pot Berries and Cream Angel Cake
Remember, cake is for life, not just for holidays. Treat yourself!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 8 oz angel food cake mix (half a box)
- ½ cup +2 tbsp water
- 2½ cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries)
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping (or whipped cream)
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix and water on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour evenly into an ungreased IP-friendly bundt or tube pan (we love this one: https://amzn.to/2RNympZ). Cover with a paper towel and then tightly cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack. Carefully lower the bundt pan on to the steam rack using a foil sling, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 27 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack, then use a thin silicone spatula to gently separate the cake from the pan. Cut cake horizontally in half.
- Meanwhile, chop enough berries to measure 1½ cups, reserving the remainder for decoration.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and orange juice until well combined. Beat in thawed whipped topping on low speed just until combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in berries.
- Spread about ⅔ of the berries and cream mixture onto the bottom half of the cake. Cover with top of cake and remaining berries and cream mixture.
- Refrigerate one hour, then garnish with remaining fruit.