These low-carb zucchini "ravioli" from Goodful are a delicious dinner option! 😍
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 medium zucchini
- olive oil, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut off the end of each zucchini then using a vegetable peeler, peel each zucchini into wide strips.
- Transfer the zucchini strips to a plate then layer two strips vertically and two strips horizontally to make a cross. Repeat process with remaining strips.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil then garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add spinach and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until wilted down.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach and garlic.
- Add the ricotta, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place in the middle of each zucchini noodle cross.
- Fold each side to seal the ricotta mixture then flip over the ravioli so the seam side is on the bottom.
- In a baking dish pour the marinara sauce then smooth with a spatula.
- Evenly place the zucchini raviolis then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh basil.