Mini Cinnamon Doughnuts
This Texas cafe serves GIANT cinnamon rolls! But if you don't live close by, stick around to see how to make this at home!! ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 50 g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 50 g (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 200 g (1 ¾ cups) flour
- 30 g (¼ cup) soybean flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 L (1 qt) oil, for frying
- 70 g (⅓ cup) sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar syrup, for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugars and eggs together until smooth.
- Add in the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, soybean flour and baking powder and mix together.
- Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into ping pong sized balls using your hands.
- In a deep saucepan, heat the oil to 190°C (370°F).
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully fry the balls in small batches.
- Transfer the doughnuts to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar by mixing the sugar and ground cinnamon together.
- Roll the doughnuts in the cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle some brown sugar syrup on top.