Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 5 cups cauliflower, roughly chopped (1.5 kg)
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour (220 g)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pesto sauce, for serving
- Add the cauliflower to a steamer basket set over a medium pot of boiling water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a clean dish towel and squeeze the excess water into a bowl.
- Transfer the squeezed cauliflower to a food processor. Add the flour, salt, and olive oil and pulse until the dough forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes, or until the dough bounces back when poked.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Working 1 piece at a time, cut in half again, then roll out a rope about 6 inches (3-cm) long and 1 inch (2-cm) wide. Slice each rope into ½-inch (1-cm) pieces.
- Roll each piece along the back of a fork to create a line pattern.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a large pot of salted boiling water. Boil until the gnocchi float to the surface, 3-5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Toss the gnocchi with pesto sauce and serve immediately.