This Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole Will Be Your New Favorite Dinner Recipe
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces frozen tater tots
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup dill pickles, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large nonstick pan, brown beef and onion over medium-high for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain beef mixture of any grease, then return to the heat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, worcestershire, mustard, and salt, cooking 2-3 more minutes, stirring frequently until simmering.
- Layer half the frozen tater tots in the bottom of the baking dish, in a single layer. Spoon the beef mixture on top, then top with 1 cup of cheese, remaining potatoes, then the rest of the cheese.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve topped with chopped pickles. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here: