Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 15 Mins
- Place bacon in a cold non-stick skillet the size of your tortilla. Cook over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl add eggs, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet with bacon drippings and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Spread garlic and mushrooms in an even layer then add beaten eggs to the pan. Swirl the pan to create a round omelet shape, similar to the size of your tortilla.
- Top with the spinach and chopped bacon then place the tortilla on top of the omelet and press gently with your hands, using the uncooked part of the egg as a sort-of glue. Allow to set for about 10 seconds.
- Run a flat spatula along the outside of the omelet, carefully releasing the edge to prepare for flipping. Quickly flip the omelet and cook, tortilla side down for about 1 minute more, or until tortilla is browned and beginning to crisp.
- Transfer to a plate and carefully roll up the tortilla. Place seam side down and cut in half. Serve with fresh salsa or hot sauce, if desired.