Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap
This Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap takes a classic omelet and cooks it with a tortilla right in the skillet. Then simply roll it up and you have an easy on-the-go breakfast.
Servings: 1 yield(s)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white mushroom
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Handful of baby spinach, about 20 leaves, chopped
- 1 8 or 9-inch low-carb whole wheat tortilla, (I used La Tortilla Factory)
- Fresh salsa or hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Place bacon in a cold non-stick skillet the size of your tortilla. Cook over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl add eggs, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet with bacon drippings and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Spread garlic and mushrooms in an even layer then add beaten eggs to the pan. Swirl the pan to create a round omelet shape, similar to the size of your tortilla.
- Top with the spinach and chopped bacon then place the tortilla on top of the omelet and press gently with your hands, using the uncooked part of the egg as a sort-of glue. Allow to set for about 10 seconds.
- Run a flat spatula along the outside of the omelet, carefully releasing the edge to prepare for flipping. Quickly flip the omelet and cook, tortilla side down for about 1 minute more, or until tortilla is browned and beginning to crisp.
- Transfer to a plate and carefully roll up the tortilla. Place seam side down and cut in half. Serve with fresh salsa or hot sauce, if desired.