Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
A quick shrimp stew cooked in a tomato coconut broth with a hint of lime and cilantro. Simple enough to make for a weekday dinner yet sophisticated enough to serve to company. Serve with a little brown basmati rice to soak up the broth.
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-low heat. Add red peppers and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add scallion whites, 1/4 cup cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt, increase heat and bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low about 10 minutes to let the flavors blend and to thicken the sauce.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 to 6 minutes, until opaque and cooked through.
- Add lime juice.
- To serve, divide equally among 4 bowls, about 1 1/4 cups then top with scallions and cilantro.