Cheesy Bacon French Toast Triangles
Savoury french toast is a thing! These french toast triangles are stuffed with cheese, bacon and got a bit of a spicy kick from jalapeños.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 10 slices soft white bread
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 rashers bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Mix together cheese, bacon and jalapeños.
- Cut crusts off the slices of bread and be sure to have the bread in somewhat of a square shape.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture on one side of the bread. Fold over corner to corner and pinch edges to seal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Dip each triangle into the egg mixture to soak slightly.
- Heat some oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Pan sear each triangle until golden brown.