Mozzarella Stick Waffles
Imagine mozzarella sticks but with crispy waffled nooks and crannies.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. milk (or water)
- 1 c. Italian bread crumbs
- kosher salt
- 16 mozzarella sticks (preferably low-moisture)
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Marinara, warmed, for serving
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat. Set up a dredging station: Add flour to a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In a third shallow bowl, season bread crumbs with salt. Toss mozzarella sticks in flour, toss in egg mixture until fully coated, then toss in bread crumbs.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Place coated mozzarella sticks sided by side in the hot waffle iron. Cover and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from waffle using tongs or a fork, then cut waffles into strips. Garnish with parsley, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.