Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Lasagna
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 small white onions, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup passata
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 cups bechamel
- 450g yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 large fresh lasagna sheets
- Chopped gherkins
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil to pan and onions. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, breaking apart with a spoon. Cook until browned and just dry. Add passata, ketchup, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes to reduce. Take off heat and cool completely.
- Add béchamel to a pot over medium heat. Add 350g cheddar cheese and stir until completely melted, take off the heat and cool.
- In a 11×13-inch deep baking dish, add a layer of beef mixture. Top with two lasagna sheets followed by a layer of cheesy béchamel, two more lasagna sheets, beef mixture, two more lasagna sheets, cheesy béchamel and two final lasagna sheets.
- Top with remaining grated cheese evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Grill cheese on top if necessary.
- Sprinkle with chopped gherkins and sesame seeds.
- Slice and enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
Posted by Twisted on Wednesday, October 4, 2017