Mac & Cheeseburger Lasagna
It's all about the hybrids these days - Alien Vs Predator, Batman Vs Superman... Now meet the culinary version. Mac & Cheeseburger Lasagna. Gooey, stringy mac and cheese and delicious burger mince in one smooth package. You saw it here first.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Lasagna
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 750g /3/4 lb beef mince
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 125g / ½ cup ketchup
- 50g / 2 tbsp butter
- 50g / 2 tbsp flour
- 750 ml / 3 cups milk
- 300g / 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 300g / 2 cups grated emmental
- 4 tbsp parmesan
- 500g macaroni, cooked
- American cheese
- 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Gently fry the onion in a little oil until soft, then whack the heat up and brown the beef mince. Add the seasonings and cook for a little bit to get rid of some of the moisture, then stir in the ketchup and set aside.
- Heat the butter until foaming and whisk in the flour. Allow it to cook through and begin to smell a bit biscuity then pour in the milk gradually, whisking vigorously to make a smooth paste into which you gradually incorporate into more milk.
- Take it off the heat and allow it to cool, then stir in the cheeses and the macaroni.
- Spread a thin layer of the macaroni cheese on the bottom of the lasagna dish then smooth it flat. Top with a layer of American cheese then a layer of the beef mixture and more cheese. Repeat up to the top of the dish, finishing with mac & cheese and a sprinkling of breadcrumbs.
- Bake for around 40 mins until the crumbs are golden and the whole dish is bubbling.