Cheese Puff Chicken
Cheese Puff Chicken recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 cups cheese puffs or curls
- 2 cups kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Hidden Valley® Ranch Seasoning Mix packet
- ¾ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Bib lettuce, 6 leaves
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a food processor, blend cheese curls and kettle chips until the texture of bread crumbs is achieved, then place in a shallow dish.
- In another bowl, mix flour and the Hidden Valley® Ranch Seasoning Mix.
- In a third bowl, whisk together Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and milk.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, dredge seasoned chicken in the seasoned flour, then dip in the ranch mixture, and finally coat in the crumbs.
- Pour oil in a pan until it coats the bottom and is about ½-inch deep, then heat on medium.
- Place chicken in the oil and cook in batches for about 3–3 ½ minutes per side until brown and cooked through.
- To assemble, place the chicken tender in a lettuce cup, drizzle with Sriracha and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, then top with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.