Mixed Berry Skillet Pancake
This Valentine’s Day, try this perfect brunch for two :strawberry::pancakes::cupid:
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Land O’Lakes Tub Butter
- 1 cup berries, plus a ½ cup extra for garnish
- Powdered sugar, garnish
Lemon Honey Butter
- ¼ cup Land O’Lakes Tub Butter with Canola Oil, softened
- Zest of 1 lemon and juice of ½
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the sugar and salt and whisk well. Add the flour and milk and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add the butter to an empty 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place skillet in the oven and wait 1–2 minutes for the butter to melt. Watch carefully to make sure that the butter doesn’t burn.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the batter in. Arrange the berries on top of the batter, but leave a 1-inch ring around the edges without berries.
- Bake pancake for 12 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
- While pancake is baking, make the butter. In a bowl, whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey into the softened butter until fully incorporated.
- Remove pancake from oven. Dust with powdered sugar, garnish with extra berries, and dot pancake with lemon honey butter. Serve!