Instant Pot Southwestern Shrimp Soup
What you usually sacrifice for speed is depth of flavor, but not when you use the Instant Pot.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15.5-ounce can hominy, drained
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, frozen
- Hot sauce (we recommend Chipotle Tabasco)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 lime, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When the oil is hot, add minced garlic. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until garlic just begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes and their juices, hominy, 1 tsp salt, pepper and frozen shrimp all at once, stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 1 minute.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of the cumin cream, and sprinkle with the cilantro (if desired). Serve the lime on the side.
Watch the recipe video here:
Instant Pot Southwestern Shrimp SoupFULL RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-southwestern-shrimp-soup/