Tater Tot Poutine
Make your travels more delicious with these truffle tots from Newark Airport’s Wanderlust! Learn more here.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ pound frozen tater tots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 cup beef stock, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil (optional)
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese curds
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced chives (garnish)
- ½ ounce shaved black truffle (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Spread the tater tots in even layer on cookie sheet. Bake 15–20 minutes or until crispy and brown. Season with salt and pepper. Turn oven down to 350℉.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion. Saute until translucent, about 2–3 minutes.
- While onions cook, combine 2 tablespoons of beef stock with cornstarch to make slurry. Set aside.
- Add the remaining beef stock to onions in pan. Bring to simmer.
- Whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Gravy will thicken quickly. Season with salt and pepper, then fold in truffle oil. Keep warm.
- Add crisp tater tots to large skillet. Sprinkle cheese curds evenly over top. Bake 6–8 minutes or until cheese gets melty.
- Ladle gravy over top of tots.
- Garnish with chives.
Watch the recipe video here:
Tater Tot PoutineMake your travels more delicious with these truffle tots from Newark Airport’s Wanderlust! http://bzfd.it/2BO1S6e
Posted by Tasty on Sunday, December 10, 2017