Super Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese
Get your spice on for your game day party with these loaded grilled cheeses!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo, divided
- 24 slices bread, divided
- 9 slices american cheese, divided
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 3 slices white cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, divided
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup spinach artichoke dip
- ¼ cup sauteed onions
- ¼ cup sauteed peppers
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ pound steak, grilled, sliced
- ½ cup mac and cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add ½ cup butter and ¼ cup Frank’s RedHot Buffalo to a saucepan, then stir until melted.
- Pour half the melted butter and Frank’s mixture onto a sheet pan and brush it across the entire surface.
- Shingle 12 slices of the bread onto the sheet pan, making sure each slice overlaps and the bread reaches the edges.
- Place any fillings you choose onto the bread. You can mix and match any flavor combos you prefer!
- For the grilled cheese and tomato, place 3 slices of american cheese on the bread, 4 slices of tomato, and 3 slices of white cheddar cheese.
- For the chicken-bacon-ranch sandwich, place the shredded cheddar cheese, 2 bacon slices, grilled chicken slices, and ranch dressing on the bread, then top with more shredded cheddar cheese.
- For the spinach artichoke, layer 3 slices of mozzarella, three scoops of spinach artichoke dip, and top with 3 more slices of mozzarella.
- For the steak and onion, add 3 slices of provolone cheese, grilled steak, sautéed onions, and sautéed peppers, then top with 3 more slices of provolone cheese.
- For the buffalo chicken, add the shredded mozzarella cheese, buffalo grilled chicken, ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles, and more shredded mozzarella.
- For the mac-and-cheese grilled cheese, add 3 slices american cheese, ½ cup of mac and cheese, additional Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo, and finish off with 3 more slices of american cheese.
- After all your fillings are in place, pour some Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo sauce on top of all the sandwiches, then shingle another 12 slices of bread on top of the fillings.
- Brush the bread with the remaining Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo and melted butter.
- Place a second sheet pan over all the sandwiches and press down. Place heavy objects that can withstand oven heat, such as heavy pots or pans, on top of the pan to press the sandwiches.
- Bake the sheet pan for 20 minutes or until the fillings have warmed through.
- Remove the heavy objects and the top sheet pan, then bake the pressed sandwiches for another 20 minutes or until the bread turns golden brown and crisps up.
- Remove the sandwiches from the oven, carefully flip the tray onto a large cutting board, and slice squares of sandwiches.