Pickle Egg Rolls
Can't go wrong with a fried pickle.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 12 pickles, sliced in half
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tsp. Chopped chives, for garnish
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese with cheddar, bacon, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix until fully combined.
- After you’ve halved your pickles, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds on both sides. Fill pickle with cream cheese mixture and join halves.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and add stuffed pickle. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining pickles.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil (it should reach 1" up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Garnish with chives and serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.