Cookie Dough Trifle
This no-bake treat is every cookie dough lover's dream.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cookie
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- 1½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3¼ c. crushed graham crackers
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ c. milk
- 1⅓ c. mini chocolate chips
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 2 packages cool whip, thawed
- 8 chocolate chip cookies (like Chips Ahoy), plus more for topping
FOR THE CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- 2 3.4-oz. boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 c. cold milk
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Mix in graham crackers, salt, and milk, then fold in chocolate chips. Crumble and pour ⅓ of the mixture into the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Make the whipped cream layer: Mix chocolate chips and Cool Whip. Pour ⅓ of the mixture on top of the cookie dough in the trifle dish. Top whipped cream layer with a layer of chocolate chip cookies.
- Make chocolate pudding layer: Combine pudding mix and milk, whisking until granules have dissolved. Let pudding set, 5 minutes, then pour ⅓ of the mixture on top of the cookies, smoothing to create an even layer.
- Repeat layers until you've reached the top of the dish.
- Cover the entire trifle with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, to soften the cookie layers. Top with chocolate chips and crumbled cookie pieces before serving.
Watch the recipe video here:
This Cookie Dough Trifle uses a brilliant hack to make cookie dough.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/YdpmETL
Posted by Delish on Sunday, November 5, 2017