Lemon and Raspberry Pound Cake
That time Valerie Bertinelli combined cheesecake and cherry pie to make one EPIC dessert 😍
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1½ sticks cold unsalted butter, diced, plus more for the pan
- 4 tablespoons ice water, plus more if needed
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 pounds pitted fresh or thawed frozen cherries, with juices
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- ½ medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Special equipment: a 12-by-1-inch pizza or tart pan with a removable bottom
For the pie dough:
- Into the bowl of a food processor, add the all-purpose flour, almond flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the dough becomes crumbly. Add the ice water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse after each addition until the dough holds together but isn't wet. (Add additional tablespoons of water as needed.) Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and form into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 12-by-1-inch pizza or tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Flour a rolling pin and work surface. Roll the pie dough, starting from the center and working outward, into a 14-inch circle, about ¼ inch thick. Lay the dough in the prepared pan and press it into the bottom and sides. Fold the excess dough inward and crimp. Dock the dough with a fork.
- Put a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and weigh it down with pie weights, a butter knife or dried beans. Blind-bake on the center rack of the oven until the crust is pale golden and just firm, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the cheesecake filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, eggs and lemon zest and juice. Pour into the cooled pie crust and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Bake until the cheesecake is set and the middle barely jiggles, 50 to 60 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the cherry compote:
- Combine the cherries with their juices, granulated sugar, vanilla bean and lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the compote is thickened and syrupy, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the compote over the cooled cheesecake filling, and spread evenly over the top.
For the whipped cream:
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer or whisk, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and lemon zest until medium to firm peaks form.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To serve the cheesecake pizza pie, top each slice with whipped cream and toasted almonds. Enjoy!