Cheese Stuffed Cajun Chicken
Along with the chicken being topped with the perfect combination of seasonings, it’s stuffed with pepper jack cheese and spinach. This was easily the juiciest chicken I have ever experienced in my life. I love the moment when you bite into something that you just made with love and it turns out to be everything you wished for. Moments like those are what I live for with cooking. This recipe is perfect for a date night with friends or a loved one! Impress them with your skills!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 average sized chicken breasts
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
- ½ cup of cooked spinach (or defrost frozen spinach)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ Tbsp breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breast flat, but not too thin.
- Throw in pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt, and pepper into a medium-sized bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the Cajon spice with the breadcrumbs.
- Provide a serving of about ¼ c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Make rolls of each chicken breast firm and hold together with plenty of toothpicks.
- Drizzle olive oil onto each chicken.
- Add the Cajon seasoning on top.
- Place a sheet of foil onto a tray and then lay chicken rolls with folded parts facing down onto the sheet.
- Let the chicken cook through for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take out toothpicks or ties before serving.