Instant Pot Curried Rice with Shrimp and Basil
There’s so much delicious flavor here, your family will think you spent hours over the stove.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, frozen
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When the oil is hot, add carrots and onion. Cook and stir 4 minutes until onion is beginning to soften.
- Add garlic and curry powder. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add rinsed rice, water, salt, pepper, and frozen shrimp. Stir to combine.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Fold in basil and serve hot.
Watch the recipe video here:
Instant Pot Curried Rice with Shrimp and BasilFULL RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-curried-rice-with-shrimp-and-basil/
Posted by Chop Secrets on Monday, December 24, 2018