Tuscan Tortellini Soup
This healthy, hearty soup needs to be in your fall dinner line-up.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken sausage links
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 9-oz. packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender and lightly golden, 6 minutes. Add chicken sausage and cook until sausage is golden, 4 minutes more. Stir in garlic, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a rolling simmer and add tortellini. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in white beans and spinach and cook until wilted, 1 minute.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
Tuscan Tortellini Soup is the best way to warm up on a chilly night.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/3zgaHJk
Posted by Delish on Monday, January 8, 2018