BANANA ZUCCHINI CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Fruity, moist and delicious, this banana and zucchini cake is crazy delicious!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas, from 5 small
- 8 ounce zucchini, grated and squeezed well
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 8 oz ⅓-less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9x2-inch nonstick metal pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well. Add zucchini, banana and pineapple; mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula until combined.
- Spoon batter into the sheet pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting over the cake once cooled and cut into 16 pieces.
Watch the recipe video here:
Fruity, moist and delicious, this banana and zucchini cake is crazy delicious! 6 Freestyle Points • 172 Calorieshttps://www.skinnytaste.com/banana-zucchini-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting/