Sugar Cookie “Pizza”
Sugar Cookie “Pizza” recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, softened (115 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature (170 g)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar (40 g)
- ⅓ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (95 g)
- 1 cup fresh berries (175 g)
- peanut butter
- mini pretzel
- ½ cup fruit cereal (25 g)
- mini marshmallows
- graham cracker, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chunk (175 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a 10-inch (25-cm) cast iron pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar, then the brown sugar, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the egg and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Combine with a spatula until evenly mixed.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer in the prepared pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, then bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Spread half of the frosting onto a quarter of the cooled cookie and the other half on the diagonally opposite corner.
- Frost the other quarters with the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings.