Mississippi Mud Cookie Bars
Chocolate lovers, this one’s for you! A chocolate chip cookie base gets topped with chocolate fudge pudding, creamy marshmallow-Oreo™ filling, and drizzled with a chocolate-fudge sauce for a decadent brownie treat that’s oh-so-good.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies SAVE $
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 box (3.9 oz) Jell-O™ chocolate fudge-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 oz) Kraft™ Jet-Puffed™ marshmallow creme
- 2 cups (from 8-oz container) Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 Oreo™ chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge sauce, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, break apart cookie dough. Knead in cocoa until thoroughly combined. Press in pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set around edges. Cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat dry pudding mix and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Spoon over cooled cookie base, and spread evenly. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme and whipped topping until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the chopped cookies. Drop cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls over pudding layer; evenly spread. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle remaining 1 cup chopped cookies over top. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate fudge sauce uncovered on High 10 to 20 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle warmed sauce over brownies. Store remaining brownies covered in refrigerator.