Pecans, brown sugar and butter makes for a chewy soft treat good anytime of the year.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan, or for thinner bars, use a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Stir the eggs and vanilla into the brown sugar and butter. Mix in the chopped pecans, and then the flour. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.