Elmlea Easter Trifle
Feeding the family is a trifle this Easter with our latest festive special. Combining a brownie base with dollops of chocolate and crushed raspberries, this dessert delivers happy hours of egg hunting within layers of long life Elmlea whipped cream. A celebration of all the things that make Easter great, this is an easy crowd pleaser that proves just how tasty holidays can be.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 300 ml Elmlea Double Cream
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 75g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 500ml Elmlea Double Cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 400g chocolate brownies
- Chocolate Eggs
- Fresh Raspberries
- Chocolate Shavings (Optional)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt. Add cream, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Place saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add chocolate, and cook, whisking until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film with it touching the surface. Chill until set.
- Place the 500ml cream, icing sugar in a bowl. Whisk to form stiff peaks.
- To assemble, layer up the brownies, followed by raspberries and chocolate eggs. Top with chocolate pudding and whipped cream. Repeat then top with additional chocolate eggs and raspberries and chocolate shavings (optional).
- Chill for half an hour and then serve!