Cream Cheese Enchiladas
Cream Cheese Enchiladas recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature, divided [1/2 and ½]
- 1-2 (4 oz.) cans green chiles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, grated, divided [1 cup; 1 cup]
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together ½ cream cheese, chicken, 1 cup cheese, lime juice, cumin and chili powder, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Take 1 tortilla and fill with 2-3 tablespoons chicken mixture, then place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, then gradually whisk in chicken broth and green chiles. Stir in remaining ½ cream cheese and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour green chile sauce over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until cheese and filling are melted and bubbly.
- Optional: broil for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let it rest and set for 10-12 minutes
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, optional
Watch the recipe video here:
Well now we're hungry! Cream Cheese Enchiladas Recipe: http://bit.ly/309ZNPh