Cookies-and-Cream Stuffed Pound Cake
What’s better than pound cake? A stuffed pound cake, that’s what. A rich, cookies-and-cream filling takes a prepared pound cake to the next level. For this recipe, check the supermarket bakery for a pound cake on the larger side; alternatively, if you go with a smaller loaf cake (like a Sara Lee brand pound cake), go ahead and grab two—you’ll have enough filling to go around. For a different spin, swap the Oreo cookies for chopped peanut butter cups or sliced fresh strawberries.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 store-bought pound cake loaf
- 12 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Use a paring knife to cut a rectangle in top of pound cake, leaving a ¾-inch border; scoop out the center of pound cake down to about 1 inch from the bottom. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the center cake crumbs for the topping, and remainder for snacking.
- Chop 10 of the cookies into ¼- to ½-inch pieces; set aside. Finely crush remaining 2 cookies, and stir together with reserved cake crumbs for topping.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, and salt with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Fold in chopped cookies (don’t overmix so the cream cheese mixture doesn’t get too dark). Fill cut-out center with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with crushed cookie and crumb topping. Chill 2 to 4 hours. Slice and serve.