Gluten-Free Cauliflower Bread
Gluten-Free Cauliflower Brea recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 ½ cups almond flour (145 g)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (25 g), optional
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- white sesame seed, for garnish
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- fresh rosemary, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x5-inch (23x13-cm) loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower reaches a “rice”-like consistency. You should have 3-4 cups. (900 g)
- Transfer the riced cauliflower to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes to steam the cauliflower and release its liquid. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the riced cauliflower to a bowl lined with cheesecloth or a tea towel. Tightly wrap the cauliflower and squeeze out all of the liquid, until it is dry and crumbles between your fingers. Set aside.
- Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs into two large bowls. Beat the whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add about ¼ of the beaten whites to the bowl of yolks. Then, add the almond flour, Parmesan, if using, garlic, baking powder, butter, and salt. Gently mix with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add the remaining egg whites, dried cauliflower, and Italian seasoning. Gently fold the ingredients together until just combined. Do not overmix, as this will break down the egg whites.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with sesame seeds, parsley, and rosemary.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Let cool, then slice and serve as desired.
- Nutrition Calories: 1844 Fat: 158 grams Carbs: 73 grams Fiber: 32 grams Sugars: 20 grams Protein: 60 grams