Hasselback Hunters Chicken
Hunters chicken is one of those classic pub dishes that has stood the test of time. It's a marvellous thing, a simple combination of the world's most ubiquitous fowl, the people's favourite cheese and the life affirming properties of BBQ sauce. Sit down with one of these bad boys, a plate of chips and a side salad if you like that sort of thing.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ¾ cup passata
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- Pinch of salt
- 6 rashers cooked bacon
- 1 small block cheddar, cut into slices
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Cut slits in the chicken all the way down and lay in a skillet.
- Whisk together passata, BBQ sauce, thyme and a little salt then brush all over the chicken breasts. Place a small piece of bacon and cheddar between each slit. Pour over remaining sauce if you wish.
- Sprinkle with more salt and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted and gone all lovely.
- Serve with chips and a salad.