Ultimate Fudgy Brownies
In these ultra fudgy brownies, coffee granules bump up the chocolate flavor. Add chocolate chips to the batter and you’ve got irresistible treats.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup butter, cubed
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, optional
- 2-3/4 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9-in. square baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugars, butter, water and, if desired, coffee granules; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips and stir until melted. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until foamy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla; gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake on a lower oven rack 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove brownies from pan. Cut into squares.