Chicken Parm Sandwich
OMG, a warm, gooey, flavorful chicken parmesan on freshly baked bread! HEAVEN!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough, room temperature
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup marinara sauce, plus more for serving
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface, divide and roll pizza dough into 2 ropes about 2 feet long. Tie the doughs into a figure eight knot, and transfer to a parchment-lined sheet pan. Brush with olive oil, cover with plastic wrap and leave out to proof for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown, and set aside to cool.
- Using 3 separate bowls, add the flour to one, the eggs and whole milk to another and the breadcrumbs to the third. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and coat with the flour, then dip into the egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add the vegetable oil. Cook the chicken breasts in batches for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic and parsley. Set aside.
- Slice the garlic knot in half lengthwise and spread a large spoonful of marinara on the bottom slice. Add a chicken cutlet, another spoonful of marinara, two slices of mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Repeat this process with the other chicken cutlet and place the remaining garlic knot slice on top.
- Brush with the garlic and butter mixture and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Transfer to a platter, slice in half and chow down!
Watch the recipe video here:
When it looks like we're having deep thoughts, we're really just dreaming about this sandwich.Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2HfpK99
Posted by Tastemade on Friday, April 13, 2018