Zucchini Taco Roll-Ups
You won't miss the shell with this ultra-satisfying zucchini taco bake.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1½ c. grated Monterey jack, divided
- 1½ c. grated cheddar, divided
- ¼ c. sour cream
- can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced ⅛” thick
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Add jalapeño and cook 2 minutes more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 8 minutes, then drain the fat. Season with salt, mix in the taco seasoning, and add ½ cup of both Monterey Jack and cheddar, then set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of crushed tomatoes into the bottom of a 9"-x-13” baking dish. On each slice of zucchini, spoon a thin layer of sour cream and crushed tomatoes. Top with a layer of beef mixture, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack and cheddar. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat to fill the dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.