See what Todd Perrin and Smuckers are cooking up in the Tasty kitchen! Visit Amazon to purchase ingredients from the recipe today http://amzn.to/2inMq9b.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 ½ cups Robin Hood Flour
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups whole milk
- ½ cup butter melted
- Combine all, whisk until smooth (makes about 70 crêpes)
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, ¼ cup sugar, vanilla bean, seeds, and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, cornstarch, and remaining ¼ cup sugar. Whisking constantly, slowly pour about ½ cup of the hot-milk mixture into the egg-yolk mixture, ½ cup at a time, until it has been incorporated. Pour mixture back into saucepan, and cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens and registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 2 minutes. Remove and discard vanilla bean.
- Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the butter, and beat on medium speed until the butter melts and the mixture cools, about 5 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface of the pastry cream to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 2 days. Just before using, beat on low speed until smooth (you can also whisk by hand).
- To assemble the crepe cake, we’ll need an 8-to-10-inch round cake pan. Alternating layers of crêpe, pastry cream, and assorted Smuckers jams, we build up the layers of the crepe cake to fit the pan.
- Then the crepe cake must sit for 3 hours minimum to set and come together so that it can be turned out and cut.
- Turn it out, dust with icing sugar maybe garnish with some berries.
Watch the recipe video here:
Crepe CakeSee what Todd Perrin and Robin Hood are cooking up in the Tasty kitchen! Visit Amazon to purchase ingredients from the recipe today http://amzn.to/2inMq9b
Posted by Tasty on Monday, December 25, 2017