Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Mash Dogs
Cheesy hot dogs wrapped in a jalapeño popper flavoured mashed potato. These “corn dog” like treats are easy to make and the mash can be flavoured with more or less spice!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 cups potatoes, mashed
- 10 sliced bacon, chopped and cooked crispy
- 6 jalapeños, diced
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 2 eggs,beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3-4 hot dogs, cut in half
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, bacon, jalapeños, sour cream, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Wrap each hot dog half in a slice of mozzarella cheese the same size. Poke one skewer through each hot dog.
- Wrap each in potato mix and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Coat each in four then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 170ºC. Fry each until golden brown
- Dip into sauce of choice, enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
Jalapeño Popper Mash Dogs
Posted by Twisted on Saturday, March 10, 2018