Potato Skin Bites
These cheesy bites taste just like potato skins, but they're SO much easier.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ c. shredded Cheddar
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice potatoes into ½" coins.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato rounds in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic powder, and toss until evenly coated. Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned and tender, flipping halfway through.
- Top each potato round with cheese and bacon. Broil until melty, about 2 minutes.
- Dollop sour cream onto each potato and garnish with green onions.