Zucchini Grilled Cheese
Zucchini is so the new cauliflower.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 c. grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini with a clean kitchen towel. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini with egg, Parmesan, green onions and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to layer the bottom of the pan. Scoop about ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture onto one side of the pan and shape into a small square. Repeat to form another patty on the other side.
- Cook until lightly golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat to drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining zucchini mixture. Wipe skillet clean.
- Place two zucchini patties in the same skillet over medium heat. Top both with shredded cheese, then place two more zucchini patties on top to form two sandwiches. Cook until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Watch the recipe video here:
How To Make Zucchini Grilled Cheese
This Zucchini Grilled Cheese proves that bread is overrated.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/tX3LruE
Posted by Delish on Friday, January 19, 2018