Giant Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burger Wellington
This enormous, beautiful thing will astound all of your dinner guests!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 14 rashers of bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 100g sour cream
- 100g cheddar
- 100g mozzarella
- 1.8kg beef mince
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1kg puff pastry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 190C/375F.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat and add your bacon. Fry until it is starting to crisp up, then add your onion. Fry until the onion is soft, then add the garlic and cook out for 1 min.
- Allow to cool, then add to a bowl with the jalapeños, sour cream, cheddar and mozzarella.
- Combine your beef mince, salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide the mixture into two, then press each half into a springform cake tin on baking parchment to form two large discs.
- In the centre of one patty, place your cheesy bacon mixture. Press the other patty on top and seal the edges by pressing down.
- Heat a large frying pan on a high heat with a little oil. Place the burger in the pan and cook on a high heat for 2 mins until starting to go golden. Flip the burger over and cook for another 2 mins on the other side.
- Out of the puff pastry, cut two large discs about 2 inches larger than the burger. Place one on a parchment lined baking tray and place the burger in the centre. Brush the edge with egg wash, then place the other disc of pastry on top. Press to seal the edge and crimp with a fork. Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 mins, until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve immediately!