Charcoal Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Charcoal infused waffles? With black ice cream? And yet, somehow they look sexy and you want them now.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Waffle
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup activated charcoal powder
- 1 ½ cups thickened/whipping cream
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Ice Cream
- Add cream, condensed milk, cocoa power and activated charcoal into a large mixing bowl and whip to stiff peaks using a hand mixer.
- Transfer cream mixture to a deep baking dish. Freeze for at least 2-3 hrs.
- Preheat waffle iron
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, then lightly add charcoal powder using a whisk.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, and add the milk, buttermilk and the melted butter. Add the sifted dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites to a thick foam and add them gently to the preparation until just combined.
- Pour ¼ cup batter mix onto your iron; cook until done through. Should take about 5 minutes
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out waffle cookies
- Scoop ice cream on one cookie and sandwich with another cookie. Roll ice cream around in sprinkles.